Monday 27 December 2010

Peter Serafinowicz, jokes, fairies and God

Have just woken up, and, after wallowing in the smug pleasure of England's 346-run lead over Australia, I notice there has been something of a storm over an alleged Peter Serafinowicz joke on Twitter.

Some of Peter's RTs:
They are just words. RT @: Just seen the deleted @ tweet. Disgraceful. Lost all respect for the guy.
:( RT@: @ Really disappointed man. I used to really like you but that joke was just disgusting.
Wow incitement RT @: Re. deleted joke, I hope you get the help you deserve. Or are burned by a mob. Either is good.
Huh? I can't find sight nor sound of this joke. Anywhere. I'd have thought that someone would have reposted it somewhere, at least. But nothing.

However, there are some people who have suggested it's some kind of a hoax. This tweet from @simonpegg backs up that theory:
serafinowicz Mate, it will never blow over. You have fucked things up for all of us. Thanks a bunch.
I'm now waiting with interest to see what reaction we get from the Sun, the Mail and the like. There's going to be a lot of people with egg on their faces if it turns out this "joke" never existed in the first places, like fairies, or God.

2 comments:

  1. I was under the impression that Sarah Palin was already beyond satire.

    ReplyDelete