Wednesday 8 December 2010

Leyton Orient 8 (yes, that's "eight") Droylsden 2

Maybe Lisa Kogan was right, maybe miracles do exist after all. What the hell happened here? I didn't go to the game (it's a school night, so I can't take the kids) but I wish I had now.

Almost unbelievably, we were 2-0 down and heading for a giantkilling of sorts when we pulled a goal back through Chorley, Tehoue equalised late on, and both Tehoue and McGleish grabbed hat-tricks in extra time.

Unfortunately, both Chorley and Forbes were sent off, meaning we'll be missing our defensive partnership for at least one match. So I suppose it wasn't a miracle after all.

The best description I saw of the match was on Facebook, where one friend commented:
"it was like watching a cat toy with a mouse. A slightly inept, lame cat, agreed". Up the O's.
Norwich, fear us.

No comments:

Post a Comment