Friday 3 December 2010

10 Reasons Why My Life Is Richer For Not Having Faith

1. I have Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays free.

2. I can grow (or cut) my beard whenever I please.

3. I don't have to worry about the precise method used to kill the animal whose cooked meat occupies my plate.

4. I don't look at a cockroach and think, "I hope I don't turn into one of those when I die".

5. Wine is, rather than part of an ancient cannibalistic ritual, only a good way to get drunk.

6. My foreskin is intact.

7. Instead of wondering what plans the deity has for me today, I can make my own.

8. I can experience whatever I choose without having to worry about whether it's offensive to a god.

9. I question, I doubt, I weigh up evidence, and I need take nothing on blind faith.

10. I know that I, my partner, and my children are amazing because we are products of billions of years of evolution, and there are endless discoveries, already made by others, or yet to be made, that will amaze me further. And I've got the rest of my short, natural lifespan to enjoy them.


Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment