Sunday 17 October 2010

No cure for cancer?

The pope has reportedly canonised Australia's first saint. However, the quality of the Guardian's reporting of the event was diminished for me by its unquestioning acceptance of her "healing" of two sufferers of leukaemia and lung cancer, respectively.

Really? Were these people really cured solely by praying to this nun, or was medicine involved in any way? Are there any reported incidents of cancer victims not being cured by the power of prayer? Were these miracles proven by scientific method? Somehow, I doubt it.

It's unhelpful when a paper like the Guardian, which really ought to know better, allows this superstitious nonsense to pass as news.

Haven't got the facility to post links to the article as we're visiting family for the day, but I will once I get back home.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment