Sunday 11 February 2007

I might be a bit of a late adopter on this, but it's gonna be a total injustice if Amy Winehouse doesn't get Best Album at the Brits. I liked Rehab and You Know I'm No Good when they came out, but the album just gets better after those two tracks. I've never heard a white English girl, who's younger than me, sound more world-weary, more black, more soulful than her. No idea where it comes from - let's face it, Billie Holliday ain't much of an influence to most singers nowadays.

Also, I read that it's not released till March in the US, so anyone who might possibly be reading this in America - have a look at it, it's a step up from Beyonce singing about how she's too good for her man, and how she could get another man whenever she clicks her fingers.

I don't know what that was all about, Irreplacable, I mean. Her man's a multi-millionaire rapper! If she can get "another him in a minute", then she's doing well for herself. Anyway, I digress. Amy Winehouse. Fantastic singer, sexy (although my girlfriend doesn't think so), she deserves to be a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment